Thursday, March 26, 2009

A spring cleaning... of the internal kind

So today is day one of my spring cleaning detox. I did this last year and I felt quite good after it despite finishing early. I think I've figured out the secret to lasting longer. Less fruits and veggies in a drink. I should probably stick to two or three kinds to prevent my drink tasting like compost. We'll see if that works :)
So what this detox entails is that I juice fruits and/or veggies and drink said juice at a two hour intervals so to not get hungry. Reading back on my last post I realized there was a phase 1 of this detox... which I completely forgot about. So I am going straight into the 2nd phase because I already bought a whackload of vegetables (if I laid them all out it would look like last years photo). Out of curiosity I weighed myself (which only happens once a year at about this time. Last year I weighed 146) and I now weigh 154. Woah damn! What have I done in the past year?! See this is why I don't weigh myself because then I worry about numbers instead of just focusing on the fact that I feel and look healthy. Luckily I forget numbers easily and will most likely forget this one :)
Time to go make my juice for the day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice description. I wish I was a bit more careful with all of that stuff as well. I was an extremely picky eater as a kid though so I am slowly getting into veggies. Good for you!!

Janelle said...

Yeah being a vegetarian kind of forced me into veggies. It's actually amazing the difference you feel by eating mostly veggies. I guess you have to have the blood type for it otherwise it would have the opposite effect.