Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fake n Bake

Yep I am tanning again. No, this time it's not because I am going to Maui but because I think I've got a little bit of SAD (seasonal affective disorder). For the past couple of years I've managed to avoid it because I've often been in a tropical place by this time of year. Either that or I am looking forward to it. Last year I went to Maui especially late (end of May) but I decided to tan a bit before going on my vacation (this was completely unrelated to the possible SAD). Today was my 2nd go at it and I had to chuckle at the lizard at the front desk. I'll have to make sure I don't over do it. I really don't want to look like her (or any of the other frequent bakers). It's been quite helpful though. I've already noticed an improvement in my mood. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just make sure and be a bit careful with that whole process. Just to let you know, even though you probably already do, that crap can give you skin cancer. My mom fake baked for about 5-7 years straight and was diagnosed with skin cancer about 4 months ago. I know there is a big difference between two times and 5-7 years, but thought I would share my experience with the stuff. Hope you are well!!

Janelle said...

Thanks for the heads up :) It's something I already knew which is why I do it in moderation. I have yet to figure out an alternative to alleviating my SAD symptoms. I think I'll be moving somewhere a little sunnier some day because I wasn't affected when I was in Australia. It's a tough call though, Vancouver is so beautiful.