Friday, March 27, 2009

Lettuce Juice

Not such a good idea actually...

So yesterday was day one of the cleanse. It took me about an hour to chop up all the fruit and veggies to make two liters of juice. My morning juice was orange, apple and ginger. My evening juice was carrot, lettuce and ginger. I think I may have over done it with the lettuce. It's pretty darn yucky! My friend Dawson just about threw up when he smelled it (it does smell worse then it tastes). I have some bok choy so I am going to try that today.
I am usually one that cannot function without breakfast. My body was feeling fine just until the point when I was walking out the door. Then it was like my body was telling me "Wait. Where are we going? We haven't had breakfast yet. No, don't keep walking out the door. Hey! Get yourself back in there and have some breakfast!" I had to chuckle :) I convinced myself that everything would be fine and kept going on my way to school.
By about noon I started to get a headache. I drank LOTS of water (about 5L in total over the course of the day) along with my 2L of juice. Once home, I took it easy. Studied pathology. Had more juice. Had a nice lavender mud bath then was in bed before 10pm with Johnny Cash lulling me to sleep.
Today is going to be a busy day. Because class doesn't start until 1, after I am finished studying, I am going to go tanning, then swimming (just to do some doggy paddling in the slow lane or something like that... I want to keep exercising despite the low food intake). I then have class and then clinical internship until 9pm. If I remember from last year day 2 and 3 were quite brutal so I am going to be pacing myself.

No comments: