Monday, March 16, 2009

H is for hermit and that's good enough for me...

I've rediscovered a couch in my room! I've had it for several years now but never really used it (except to throw things on) until lately. Once my little cousins left, I cleaned my room and managed to clear it up quite nice. I now have space on my couch (it's all free except for a blanket). So I've been closing myself off from the rest of the house, happily cooped up in my room, reviewing and/or taking it easy. I love it. It's my space. It's quiet. It's warm (hooray for a space heater). The only problem is that Mom thinks I am mad at her or that I have some kind of attitude issue. Nope. I am just being a hermit and a happy hermit at that.
Over the past week, I also managed to let go of the boy. It was tough. He's a real sweetheart, however we're not at the same place in our lives. I want something solid. He wants something... well he doesn't want what I want. I'm used to being on and giving 100% when I am in a relationship... this past one required me to turn myself on and off and give... well not 100% (or if I did it was only occasionally). I gave it a try and learnt that it is not the type of relationship for me. I can't just turn off my emotions and turn them back on when it's convenient. So it took a while but I am on my own again. I have renewed strength because I am happy that I didn't just put up with it and let him string me along. It's easy to do when boys are handsome, charming and good in the sack.
So here I am, a happy hermit, in my room. Content with life yet stressed to bits because the end of school is near. I look forward to it but I am nervous for the finals. I am not nervous for boards because I know I will rock them. I just need more time to get this knowledge in my noodle. Things are clicking. Concepts are falling into place. I am just a bit of a slower learner then others but I am ok with that. That's just not how UA is structured. Oh well! 8 more weeks, 41 more days of school, 57 more sleeps and 318 more hours... not that I'm counting or anything like that :)

No comments: