Monday, March 9, 2009

Guess what we found?!

When I came home from wedding dress shopping with Heidi, my little cousins ran to greet me. It's usually at this time that they tell me what kind of things they did during the day and what kind of treasures they found while I was out.
Katarina (the oldest one of the two little girls) pipes up all excited and says "Guess what we found today?!?!"
"I don't know. What did you find" I respond, with equal enthusiasm.
"Handcuffs!" she says. And here's where I would have loved to have a picture of the look on my face when she told me this. You see, her and the rest of the family is staying in my room where said handcuffs could be (but are hidden... or were hidden). I respond as cooly as possible and say something along the lines of "oh yeah, where did you find these handcuffs?"
While Katarina runs off she says "We found them in the dress up suitcase."
A little confused, I wait for her to return. She runs back with some dollar store handcuffs that must have been in the dress up suitcase and that I had completely forgotten about. This is about the time that I exhaled, glad that my little cousins wouldn't be seeking therapy when they get older because they found their older cousins handcuffs... Then again they could have been completely oblivious about the handcuffs but my family sure as heck wouldn't let me live that one down :)
The girls are gone now, the house is quiet, I have my room back. It's nice but I already miss them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could always offer my services of Psychiatry at some point when I get through clinicals. Great story I needed a chuckle today!!