Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wednesday morning tragedy

For the past couple of weeks there has been a spider in my shower. I am not afraid of spiders and he wasn't causing a problem so I let him do his thing while I was taking my shower. Most of the time he'd hide away from the water and come out once I was done showering. Mr. Spider was pretty harmless and good company. Once he got in the way of a water jet and I picked him up to move him out of the way and he bit me! It hurt! My finger throbbed for an hour or so. Bad Mr. Spider! I learnt my lesson and didn't mess with Mr. Spider afterwards. He also seemed to have learned to stay out of the way of the water.
Until today. Poor Mr. Spider fell into the tub and started to drown (well I imagined he was drowning... it's hard to tell, I've never seen a spider drown)! Noticing this I scooped him out of the water and put him on dry ground. The water on my hand made for a little water slide and he slipped back into the tub. I saved him again. He bit me. I put him back on dry ground hoping he wouldn't fall back in. He lay there... motionless :( Mr. Spider was dead. Not having a clue as to how to resuscitate a spider, I left him there until I finished getting ready and still nothing.
So now I lost my shower buddy and I have a throbbing finger. I am actually kind of sad that this little spider is dead. I think it's time for me to get a cat :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cat is a much better solution. We have too many bugs here on Nevis including Roaches the size of your thumb. So therefore, we invested in BLACK FLAG. It is the most amazing bug spray ever. As much as I like mother nature and bugs, they belong outside. I will not kill an insect outside, but inside they get blackflagged!

Janelle said...

Ha ha nice :) because I live in the basement there are quite a few spiders but nothing worth blackflagging :P