Monday, February 9, 2009

I caught the sick!

I sure did! I was so proud of myself because I had managed to fight any sickness that came my way... until Saturday. Looking back, it started during the day. While at school, I was cuddled up in my fleece blanket and I was totally out of it all day. That night I was supposed to go out for Dawson's birthday but I made it as far as my friends place and we decided to rent movies and hang out instead. I tried to ignore the itch in my throat but after a quick nap while watching the movie, I woke up feeling as if I'd swallowed a cheese grater! Damn!
The following day started off slowly. I felt weak but figured it was just the lack of food. By 1 I was back in bed and had a good two hour nap. I woke from that feeling like my body was no longer my own. I barely had enough strength to make it upstairs to get water and my grip was too weak to open the cough syrup bottle. I dragged myself downstairs and settled in to watch House MD. I barely had enough muscle strength to get up and pee. It was astounding. It reminded me of when I had mono. When laying down and immobile you feel relatively fine but then when you try to move, you're too weak to move. Your head feels like it's going to burst because for some reason it really hurts! So you lay down again, hoping that the next time you decide to move that it will be less painful.
I started burning up at about 7 and then buried myself under more blankets and turned on the heater in my room. Relieved by this new symptom, fever, I knew I was getting over the worst of it. In bed and asleep by 8, I sweat it out feeling thoroughly disgusting but glad that I was not throwing up and that my body was strong.
Today I feel generally weak. Standing for more then 2 minutes is out of the question, using any strength is not an option. I can sit up though and have a bit more of an appetite (4 triscuits vs 2). I also have a renewed appreciation for my body. It's awesome that I've managed to not get sick for as long as I have. I am also quite impressed as to how quickly this sick is passing. Hopefully with an other nap and early to bed I'll be able to tackle school tomorrow.

No comments: