Monday, February 2, 2009

Dreams of travel

Ever have a dream that lasts all night long? Last night I had one of those and it was so awesome. I dreamt that I was traveling throughout Asia! The reason I dreamt this was probably because Asia has been a hot topic of conversation in the past couple of weeks. With a new found friend who's planning on going to China in September and my cousin who's going to travel it in May... Asia is everywhere.
Before bed I snuck a peek at Free & Easy Traveler. This is a company that specializes in travel between the Philippines, Thailand and Nicaragua. Like you're typical group travel... you meet fellow travellers there and travel with them... I believe the accommodation and some of the activities are planned for you as well. My cousin is going to do the 101-day odyssey (a 40-day Philippines trip with a 40-day Thailand trip and finally a 20-day Laos, Thailand and Cambodia adventure.). Unfortunately she's going in May... otherwise I would be on a plane to join her in the Philippines. Sure 101 days would have me back in September just in time to write my board exams... the only thing is I kind of have to study for them! :P Maybe I can do this in May 2010... who knows. I am usually not a fan of group travel because it often ends up being a booze and fuck fest and that's not why I travel. If I want to booze and fuck I can stay in Vancouver.
Anyways dreaming of travel was amazing. Especially when certain people who have become a larger part of my life are in it. Maybe I can continue my travel adventure tonight.... I am kind of looking forward to going to sleep.

No comments: