Thursday, February 26, 2009

Eye am confused

On Tuesday, I was surprised to find that my eye hurt every time I touched it. It felt sore... kind of like it was swollen. After looking at myself in the mirror a couple of times, seeing that there was no swelling and having friends look to see if they could spot anything abnormal... I figured it was just something strange and it would go away when I went to sleep that night.
It didn't. I woke up with troubles seeing out of my right eye. I could still see but it was fuzzy as heck! If I didn't blink my vision would SLOWLY return to normal but... well try to stop yourself from blinking. Not going to happen. I asked the Dean what might be wrong (because Dr. J is on vacation and he's the next best thing...). He figures it's something to do with the drainage of my eye. He suggested to do some lymph drainage. So I spent any free time during the day lymph draining and icing the right side of my face and neck. By the end of the day my vision was so off that I had trouble grasping things, writing on a line, I was walking into door frames and I had a head ache (most likely because my left eye was working over time).
Today isn't any better... I hurt myself this morning, got teary eyed and my left eye drained (so it didn't look like I was crying) but my right one didn't. My eye and around is so tender that if I accidentally touch it I kind of want to yelp. My ear and jaw are kind of sore now too. I guess I should go to the doctor... but I really don't want to.
Ok I am done complaining :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should definitely go to the doctor. You could have a serious problem going on there... see it is people like you that make us doctors want to go crazy : P Hope you are feeling better and good luck with the eye... I am sure it is something that can be fixed fairly easily!

Janelle said...

Hey! Somebody's gotta test your patience :) It may as well be me! I am actually waiting to go to my naturopath (tuesday) because he's better then my Dr. Yeah, I should change Dr's but... well there's no good excuse.