Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows...


It's actually sunshine, sprouts and anatomy and physiology this morning but it sure feels much nicer then that!
We were fortunate enough to start at 10 this morning. This allowed me to get up before the sun, get some studying done, have breakfast, do a couple loads of laundry and get more studying done. I took the long way to school which allowed me to walk a good portion of the way so I was able to enjoy the stunning sunshine that's been shining over Vancouver during the past couple of days.
Because we're wrapping up the lymphatic and immune chapter in anatomy and physiology the feeling in the class today is light and comfortable... either that or it's the sunshine pouring through the windows. While writing down notes and listening to Dr. J I've been munching on some sprouts. I've got a new found affinity* for sprouts. Perhaps it's because they taste like springtime.
I think today is going to be a good day! I look forward to the next couple of days too... though nothing special is going on, I am really enjoying the sunshine and that makes everything a little better.

*looking up the proper spelling of affinity, I found this definition: (immunology) the attraction between an antigen and an antibody. I am not an antigen and the sprouts are not antibodies but I found it to be somewhat fitting being I am still sitting in A&P class.

No comments: