Friday, October 17, 2008

Your black and white needs a little bit of red

Last night I passed out early because it had been a long (yet very good) day. I woke up this morning to the sound of Serena Ryder quietly serenading me through my alarm clock. The song Little bit of Red was playing and I was quite impressed. I had never heard of Serena Ryder but so far I like her music.
Getting up to study at 2am was a great idea. I enjoyed the quietness and kept really focused during the entire time. I managed to go through 38 pages of notes and summarize them in 9 pages. I was so proud of myself! That kind of stuff usually takes forever. So apparently morning study is for me.
The written exam went really well and I feel quite confident with the answers I gave. I don't have my mark yet but I've got a good feeling. I had about an hour and a half of down time before it was my turn to do my OP (oral practical - basically this is the hands on portion of the exam but you also have to give answers out loud which often gives you time to fumble and say something really stupid.). During that time all the girls stayed together and we just tossed around information back and forth. The feeling in the room was one of nervousness but the energy was also positive and light. About twenty minutes before my OP, I stopped studying and all of us just talked and laughed and were having a good time.
Margaret was the first to have her OP (me second) and when she came in, she looked like she'd just seen a dead person. She said it was probably the hardest OP she had every done and was what she imagined the board OPs were like. This OP was a little different because we were performing the techniques on the Dean and an other very respected teacher, Annette, was examining us. That makes for two very intimidating people! And OPs are scary enough as it is!
All of a sudden all the information that was in my mind ran away in fear. I knocked on the door to come in and I was told to wait outside for a little while longer. I replied with a barely audible trembling squeak. Fuck! Damn nerves. I took a couple of deep breaths but that didn't help so I did the wood chopper (inhale bringing hands above your head and exhaling moving into a forward bend - kinda like an extreme wood chopper I guess). I did this until I started to feel light headed. That managed to calm me.
The door opened and I saw Fina* there. Somehow the knowledge came back and I felt quite confident about what I did. My trembling voice went away after a while and I was able to palpate and identify all of the land marks that I was given. Sure I maybe screwed up muscle testing upper trapezius and I also did two very basic mistakes. Considering you get 20 minutes to incriminate yourself I feel I did quite well.
After that it was off to work to do 5 hours of work and then to top off my ultra long day I went and saw Jane at SugarBox for my monthly grooming. I gotta say, getting my girly bits waxed after such a long day was the last thing I wanted to do but Jane is such an awesome person that it's great to get to work with her. I am also super proud of SugarBox! She came in 2nd in the Best of Vancouver choice award. So if you're humming and hawing about where to go to get your girly bits waxed. Go to SugarBox!
K, I gotta get ready for school. TMJ treatment class today (and for the rest of the week)! I am looking forward to this one! Justin has a very clicky jaw and I am afraid that if I kiss him too hard it'll fall apart. Maybe this will give me a better idea of what's happening to my sweetie.

*Fina is Annette's dog. She's at school quite often and is such a sweet heart. Last week I cuddled with her and buried my face in her fur and cried because I missed Minette and she reminded me of having a furry little pet. So I am especially fond of Fina because she is now my replacement for a pet.

No comments: