Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Oaf hands

Getting back into routine was easy this morning. When the alarm went off at 5:45, my body knew what to do. I went through the motions and did it well. Sure I am a little less sharp but I still managed to get ready, make lunch and go over 3 muscles in my Musculoskeletal Anatomy Colouring book. When I was leaving the house, my heart ached because I am used to finding Minette, laying on the floor with her for a quick moment while I give her a quick pet and tell her that I love her. Instead when I left the room that her ashes were in, I said "Bye Minette, I love you." which is something I would also do every time I left the house. For some strange reason this never hit me before as hard as it did today.
School itself was like I never left. Our first class was mixed in with the level 600, Dea, the class I was previously in. So Pam, Maja and myself were together. It was great to be with the girls again, when we greeted each other with was with huge hugs that almost knocked each other off our feet. I sure am glad to be in class with Maja. Pam will be with us for an other 11 weeks then it's her turn to graduate!
My new class is awesome... though I already knew that I'd be going into an awesome class. They are very welcoming and their energy is very positive. I am finding that I am having to make a switch from a somewhat negative energy towards this whole process of going back to a positive one. I don't want to be a downer and I know that it is my choice as to whether this is a positive experience or a negative one.
During muscle energy technique class today I was pleasantly surprised to have Annette as an instructor. Yay! That made my first class much easier. She can hold my attention at the worst of times so it was good. She kept me on the ball. Half way through class I felt my brain become all charged... I could feel it working really hard, something I hadn't felt since I left back in May. When it came time to the practical work, I found that my rookie healing hands had transformed back into "big oaf hands" and my sense of touch and palpation skills had reduced significantly. This is unsurprising. In a couple of days we start fascial classes. This is a series of 6 classes geared towards a very subtle modality. I predict a bit of frustration on my part because I was pretty good at fascial before I left now my oaf hands and I will be nothing short of a disaster. Hopefully it will come back quickly.
Orientation for OnSite was great. It was nice to get an orientation, last term I was thrown in as a filler which was fantastic but I didn't really know how it all worked. Now I do and it's great to have a better understanding as to why individuals are there and where they can go from the detox program. George Pearson still has me nervous. More so now then ever. I am hoping that as I regain my confidence as a therapist I will feel more comfortable with this outreach. However I am nothing short of petrified. The place gives me the anxiety that I thought I had got rid of. I have 6 weeks of OnSite work before I go there to hopefully I can figure things out before then.
For now, I am going to continue my review of the male reproductive system. Where's Justin when I need him? *grin*

No comments: