Thursday, October 23, 2008

A mew

I was sitting at my computer doing my thing when I heard a mew. I thought I'd imagined it so I stopped what I was doing and I heard it again. I paused, looked out the window and saw nothing but the cat kept mewing.
Being I still miss Minette terribly and miss cuddle time I decided to go out and investigate. Maybe the kitty was nice and I could cuddle it. I went outside and saw it in the construction site next to our place. I called out to it. It didn't move. I walked closer and then it ran towards me making little purrmeow sounds. I sat in front of my house with this cat for 20 minutes. It would walk around me and rub itself against me and let itself get pet. I tried to pick it up but I wasn't that lucky.
I remembered that we had left over meat from dinner so I ran in to get it. The cat was fat but it didn't have a collar so I figured I should feed it in case it didn't have a home. When I came out, I saw a man on our street and no cat. I walked out to the sidewalk and saw the cat run towards me. I asked the man if it was his cat. He said yes.
Him and his cat go for walks every night at about 10:30pm. The cat leads, the man follows. But tonight the cat wanted to go for a walk a little earlier. They live near by and have for the past two years. I told him about Minette. He said I could come out and pet his cat when ever I wanted to.
I found it nice that I was able to spend some time with a cat. Sure it wasn't Minette but it was a cat. I kind of hope that it will come by and mew at my window some other night. It was a nice surprise. I kind of wonder what the man did for 20 minutes while I sat there petting and talking to his cat. It doesn't matter.
I miss Minette and I want an other cat. I don't know if I'd get a cat to replace Minette or if I would be emotionally capable of separating the two. I did quite well with this evening's cat. I didn't cry. Ok well I did but it was only after Mom greeted me at the front door when I came back in. She found it strange that all the doors of the house were left open and I wasn't home. When I told her what happened, she hugged me and I cried a little.
Anyways... do I want an other cat? Yes. Will I get one? No, not yet. I have plans to travel within the next year or so and will be gone for more then a month so I don't think it would be fair to leave the cat alone. Really, that's the only thing holding me back. I miss the company of a furry friend.

No comments: