Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me :)


So my birthday has already come and gone. Do I feel a year older? Not particularly. Would I want to celebrate other birthdays like the one that has just passed? Heck yeah :)
The Parade of Lost Souls was fun. It's always interesting to see other costumes and I particularly like large crowds so I was in my element. I would have loved to have stayed for the dancing afterwards but the October birthdays celebration was going on at our place. Justin and I managed to catch the 4th course and share in some birthday cake. It's kind of fun to get to celebrate 5 birthdays in one evening. Luckily most of the people are older so by midnight we were in bed. I was exhausted! The night before my cousin Michel, who was over visiting from Winnipeg, and I stayed up until 3am getting to know each other and solving the worlds problems. I feel very lucky that I was able to spend such quality time with him. Justin surprised me at midnight with a very pretty rose. A very sweet gesture to wish me a happy birthday.
It was awesome to wake up next to Justin on my actual birthday. We cuddled and stuff :) and then had brunch with the family. Not long after brunch we were back in bed for an nap... or sleep because I don't think naps are this long. Mom, Justin and I then walked to the grocery store to get things for dinner, we cooked, ate and played cards. Presents and cake to top off the evening and I was back in Justin's arms. A nice low key birthday with those I love... it's just what I wanted and it's what I got.
I was very lucky because Justin had Monday off. We started it sleeping in, went for brunch at the market, walked around Stanley park, went to the aquarium, to Denman st. for dinner and the cuddles on the couch while we watched some movies. He tucked me in before he left for Bellingham and cuddled with me until I was almost asleep.
I am finding it harder and harder to part with him at the end of our time together. I am looking forward to the end of school (6 and a half more months!!) when I won't be thinking of all the studying I should be doing. I will be able to enjoy my time with him without feeling terribly irresponsible. Ah soon :)

No comments: