Thursday, October 18, 2007

Splish splashin' around

Today was one heck of a rainy day! So out I went with my wonderful boots and polka dotted umbrella to the gym. It had crossed my mind that I shouldn't go because my legs are sore but I went anyways. On my way there, I found it a great joy to be walking through puddles. Once at the gym, the lady who was going to give me my personal program was late by 45 minutes so I did some cardio and the work out the Craig had shown me yesterday (minus the squats). On my way home, I thought, if walking through puddles is fun... I wonder if it would still be fun to jump in a puddle. Initially I figured it would be silly, and I shouldn't but then I decided... fuck it. And here I was in front of my house jumping in the big puddle on our sidewalk, laughing out loud without much of a care. I then looked up at my neighbors house (he's usually sitting on the deck having a smoke or hacking his lungs out) and there he was, laughing at me. Oh well.
No wonder kids like jumping in puddles! I didn't care if people thought I was silly or uncool (I was the epidemy of uncool with my big hoody, work out leggings tucked into my rubber boots and my polka dotted umbrella). I was having a good time. I am glad I got these boots! I can see more walks in the rain (and jumping in puddles) in my future. I really want this camera so I can get rid of the POS that I own and take pics when I go on my walks. This way I can capture the beauty of the city I live in and add in a few visual tid bits of my life.
Otherwise today has been a good day filled with homework, birthday card making, financial/budget planning and gym. More homework tonight.

No comments: