Saturday, October 27, 2007

Perfect Birthday

Wow I'm still amazed as to what a wonderful birthday I had. It started at 1:30am when Minette woke me up because she left a little present in my room. A barf! Yay thanks hun :) Morning was low key, the whole family was there and mum reminisced about the morning I was born (I was born at 7:38am and was NOT a happy camper... I cried and cried).
On my way to school, there was a gorgeous sunrise and it was a beautiful morning... cold and crisp. I saw the moon set which was quite pretty as well. I had systemic pathology class in the morning... most people didn't remember my birthday at school but that's ok because I didn't make too big of a fuss about it because I don't like being fussed over.
I met Mum and Steph for lunch which was great. While I was in Oakridge mall, I figured I'd go see my old orthodontist because I am tired of my upper lingual brace. She was just leaving but was happy to see me so she decided to do a check up. Only the two receptionists, my brother, Dr. Mills and I were in the office, it was different. She took out the pics of when I first went to see her... October 31st 1994! I've had retainers & braces for 13 years! I've had this upper lingual brace for 6... so I think it's time for it to go and my teeth should stay in place. If they move it's $250 for an other lingual brace (but the high tech one, I have the old school version... technology!).
I decided to treat myself and I picked up two pairs of gloves and a scarf (still need wrist warmers...) from the Gap. What was the best part about this was that I had a gift certificate so it was free! Thanks Telus! I decided to take advantage of my Body Shop birthday discount and picked up a few things there.
Steph and I then walked home, packed up the penny collection and off to the bank I went. $35 in pennies! Then off to the post office to send Frank gloves (who lives in Hawaii where they don't sell gloves but he needs them for work), then to pick up Mum at work. We got back in time for hockey :) The Canucks won (3-2) against the Capitals and Pyatt (my fave Canuck) scored 2 out of the 3 goals!
We had dinner as a family... Mum made gyoza which were amazing! I hadn't had them in a year or so! Being it wasn't planned that I'd be home, there was no birthday cake or presents (we were supposed to celebrate on Sunday) so we went out for Gelato at La Cassa Gelato. They had 218 flavors ranging from wasabi to peach plum jasmine. There was even a curry flavor! Anyways I had lemon and black forest cake gelato. It was nontraditional and great.
I wanted to play cards once I got home but was too tired and being I am fighting off a cold I decided to go to bed. I didn't manage to study for my Neuropathology quiz but oh well. I've done the quiz already this morning and I got 9.5 out of 10. Yay!
Anyways I was really happy with my birthday! It was productive and I spent some time with my family. I got many phone calls from Grand Parents and friends wishing my a happy birthday. Today so far has been great, I'm looking forward to celebrating Maja's birthday this evening (after school and clinic). Tomorrow work and birthday cake, Monday work (though if I can get out of it, I will because I have a midterm in A&P on Wednesday that I really have to study A LOT for it) and celebrate my birthday with friends.

No comments: