Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I almost hybernated!

Yesterday was a particularly uneventful day. I had my first class of pharmacology and second class of neuroanatomy. I think pharmacology will be interesting, however we're not focusing as much on natural medicines as I would have liked. Natural medicines are becoming more and more popular and I think it would be beneficial to learn about them. In my own time I guess.
Anyways for some reason I was unhappy... I am not too sure why but I found myself a little on the grouchy side. Possibly the lack of sleep, I don't know. Being I actually had to interact with people for more then 5 minutes, I decided that this was not acceptable and I was going to go home and have a nap. My nap turned into 13 hours of sleep... I must have really needed it. I feel refreshed this morning, however slightly nauseated, possibly because I missed dinner (Dad came down to tell me it was dinner time, I told him to go away... Sorry Dad.). I guess I must have needed the sleep. At some point during the night it seemed like I had a fever. Then I felt like I was going to throw up... All this was probably just my body trying to tell me to stay in bed.
I had awesome dreams though. I dreamt that my cousin Nadine and I went to this fair and they had elephant races. Yeah elephant races... anyways Nadine and I were the people on the elephants racing them. It turns out that my elephant liked to play with things so we didn't get too far. Nadine's elephant wouldn't do the obstacles in order so he was disqualified. After the elephant race, Darla, Maja and Eric showed up and lined up for roller coasters. As soon as it was our turn to ride, we'd leave and talk about how fun that line up was and how it was better then the other line ups we were in (could this be a reflection as to how boring my life has become).
Monday I had an appointment at the Naturopath's and my homework was to have at least 30 minutes of fun a day. So it turns out I am not having fun these days. I hadn't really thought about it but I guess it's true. I thought going to the gym was fun, but they say it doesn't count. "Do something that leaves you laughing and happy inside." First thing I thought of was sex but that's out of the question.... then I had a bit of trouble thinking of what I thought was fun. I like swimming, but it doesn't leave me laughing. Salsa dancing as well... at least there I'm smiling when I'm done. Yoga, going for walks, taking pictures. Frank suggested that I go for a walk and take pictures...
Anyways I'll figure something out. Now it's time to get ready for school... It's the last class of A&P before the final, we have 20 pages of biochem to do still and some review... it's beyond me how we're going to do it but I am going in with an open mind (and a rested one too).

No comments: