Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Love and sex and loneliness, Take whats yours and leave the rest

Big Machine

Ecstasy is all you need
Living in the big machine
Oh, you're so vain
Now your world is way too fast
Nothings real and nothing lasts
And I'm aware

I'm in love but you don't care
Turn your anger into lust
I'm still here, but you don't trust at all
And I'll be waiting

Love and sex and loneliness
Take whats yours and leave the rest
So I'll survive
God, it's good to be alive

I'm torn in pieces
I'm blind waiting for
My heart is reeling
I'm blind and waiting for you

Still you love with all your sins
Where you stop and I begin
and I'll be waiting
Livin' like a house on fire
What you fear is your desire
It's hard to deal
I still love the way you feel

Now this angry little girl
Drownin in this petty world
And I'm who you run to
Swallow all your bitter pills
That's what makes you beautiful
You're all or not
I don't need what you ain't got

I'm blind and waiting for you (x2)

And I can't believe it's coming true
God, it's good to be alive
I'm still here waiting for you
And I can't believe it's coming true
I'm blind and waiting for you.

Goo Goo Dolls

I rediscovered my iPod on the bus on my way to school and this song was the only one that played before it ran out of batteries. Subsequently, I had this song stuck in my head all day. It's a good song and after it playing in my head over and over, I think it's a good little representation of my life right now (except for the waiting for you part... mind you that's most of the song...).
Today was a double batch of chocolate chip pecan cookies kinda day. As soon as I got home I made a huge batch of cookies and proceeded to eat about 1/4 of the dough (I know that is totally gross to some but damn it's SO good... I don't eat them cooked). Emotionally I feel a bit better. I had a good little cry when presenting my project to my teacher (she asked the question I'd been avoiding: How did you really feel when working with Eric?), so that felt good.
I was really looking forward to sitting in front of the TV, watching the Canucks kick the Philadelphia Flyer's butts all while yelling at the TV and crocheting (pressure is on, my aunt leaves on Sunday and I want to have my first baby blanket finished by then). But I was quite disappointed when I found out that it's a pay per view game. Too late to call people up to go to the bar. Then again the bar would be a bad idea with the headache I have. I went for a walk by the water without a scarf and my neck seized up (as it usually does... I should have known better). I've had a headache that has been getting progressively worse since Monday. You'd think that going to school for massage therapy would be a bit of a benefit in this situation... but nope. It's mid term / finals time (83% on yesterday's research & stats final) so every one's really busy.
Oh well I'll just take a warm bath, crochet and do something else tonight (studying A&P would be a good idea except I don't think I'd get much accomplished).

No comments: