Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Solution?

Possibly... After talking to Mum last night and having an other damn good cry... she helped me see that even if I were to fail my finals coming up it wouldn't be such a bad thing. I've gone part time, therefore I have room for error now. If I don't understand the material, maybe it'll take a bit more time for it to sink in. This made me feel much better. I didn't think about it too much last night because I was too emotionally exhausted and couldn't be bothered to think.
Today, while in A&P class, I found out that they are switching A&P classes around. So in level 300, they will do the integumentary, respiratory and reproductive systems (instead of the integumentary, respiratory and endocrine systems, like we did), then in level 500, they will be doing the endocrine system (while we would have done reproductive then).
What does this mean to me? Well I'm failing A&P right now because I havn't bothered to give a fuck about studying for anything this term (amazed that I've gotten this far... but I have), therefore if I had to redo it... it would be great! The endocrine system is complicated as fuck because it's about hormones and where are the hormones found? Everywhere in the body... and what better way to learn it then to lean the systems where these hormones are found, learn a bit about the hormones and then, when all the systems leaning is done learn about the endocrine system and learn the hormones more in detail! I think she school realized that this would make more sense, that is why they've changed it... so yeah. Tomorrow I meet with the dean to see if next term I can take A&P 300, PD 400, Systemic Pathology 300 (which I failed and have to do again...), Pharmacology 300, NeuroPathology 300 and Sport treatment 300. I wouldn't do as many 400 courses as I would have liked but I think I didn't realize how lost I was in the program. Yep I hardly studied for anything in level 300... this is a problem because I don't know as much as I should... and though I am getting by now. It will bite me in the ass later. Hopefully after a break and then easing back into it, I'll be able to get back on it and do well as I was before I hit this rather large bump in the road. Anyways things seem to be working out... we'll just have to wait and see what the dean has to say about it tomorrow.
Until then, I am going to study for my systemic treatment written final which is tomorrow... I am not overly concerned about that one because I am going in with 82%. I also have an oral practical for that class next week which is worth 30% of my mark.

No comments: