Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Camping and other things

Well the weekend has come and gone and now all that is left is good memories of the past. Initially I had hoped to go to Folk fest on Saturday and Sunday then study Monday and Tuesday. But it was Heavy D's birthday so we went camping instead. Saturday after clinic, Darla and I went to pick up Jerry and Eric and we headed over to Chilliwack Lake (well near there).
After a long short drive (short km wise but long when you have to pee the entire way) we stopped at Darla's place where we met Dar's parents and picked up a few more camping chairs. Then after a quick stop at the liquor store, we headed to the camp site. We drove by a few people who were camped by the side of the road and I've got to stay, I was hoping we wouldn't be doing the same. I was thrilled when we turned down a dirt road and made our way to the end of the road where we stopped to camp. It was so beautiful! I can't even begin to describe it because I know I won't do it justice.
After setting up camp, we made our way down to the river where we ventured and chilled for a while. Coming back from the river was good fun because it was quite dark and it made it quite entertaining when a branch would brush my face or something like that (I am really jumpy...). The rest of the evening was good fun... however I got too drunk too fast and ended up having to go to bed early.
The next morning Eric and I walked around... we wanted to go towards the river but though we did make it to the river, we weren't where we were the night before. We sat on this rock that overlooked the river and... well I actually preferred our new found spot. We saw some white water rafters and we decided that we'd have to give that a try sometime this summer (Darla and Jerry, who were by the river as well but at the original spot, saw them too and came to the same conclusion, so that'll be an other adventure). I heard some chirping that sounded like a chipmunk but it turned out to be a humming bird. It stayed near us for quite a while (I thought it was because our hair looked like a nest so it was contemplating how to nest on our heads) and it was really pretty to watch. It spent a lot of time perched on branches around us... this was something that neither of us had seen before.
After our walk it was time to set down and head home. I am pretty sure we'll go back.
Monday was uneventful... I cleaned, massaged, studied and that was about it. Eric came by in the evening and we were supposed to wash his car... but we didn't. He surprised me with flowers though and that was REALLY sweet! They're red gerber daisies... I don't know if he knew that they were one of my fave flowers and that red is my fave colour but they are gorgeous :) When Dad asked him what the occasion was, he said it was because it was Monday :) Anyways as you can tell about all the smileys... I'm still beaming. I'm so lucky to have Eric. He's such an amazing guy. OK enough gushing, time to study.

No comments: