Monday, July 23, 2007

Me are tired.... no more studying!

You know it's time to take a break when you answer the phone and you can't even make a proper sentence. So far I've been going from 7:30am until now (7:55pm). It's the last push before exams. I've been mainly focusing on A&P because I need to get 90% to pass that bad boy. Normally this would be discouraging but for some reason, I am feeling quite positive about it (maybe it's because I am tired, I don't know).
On friday, I was to speak with the dean. As I was looking for him, I ran into the assistant dean (who is also my A&P teacher) and she told me that I wasn't doing so well in A&P, which I knew about because I keep track of my marks... anyways I didn't take offence or anything like that because I know she's helping us stay on the ball. I explained to her what I wanted to do, with retaking A&P 300 and she agreed that it would be a good idea but I should see how I do on my final exam. When I met with the dean, he told me not to worry about A&P 300 because in A&P 500 or 600, I forget, there's going to be an A&P review class to get us ready for boards. So if I am unclear on some things... I can get clear then. This had me rather upset because I didn't want added pressure. I guess I had my heart set on redoing A&P 300. I figured worse comes to worse, I can "try my best" on my final and if I happen to fail it, then I'll redo A&P 300.
But after a really good weekend, I thought about my little A&P situation and figured... what do I have to lose? I should really try to pass this exam and then if I pass and move onto A&P 400... Great :) if I don't pass... it's ok too because I don't mind redoing A&P. So it looks like I am in a win win situation. It's amazing what a change of attitude will do!
Tomorrow I have an other full day of studying... then on wednesday, there's an A&P review, a naturopathic appointment, a half day of studying (if I am feeling ready for my thursday exams, I will go to the Symphony of fire, or what ever it's called these days). Then on thursday I have my Systemic treatment oral practical and an orthopedic treatment written and oral practical. I also have salsa dancing lessons with Eric (which is going really well :) we've been practicing and he's also been teaching me some swing steps). Friday afternoon I have my A&P exam, so that means that I have the morning to do some last minute studying. A&P is my last exam so after that it's party time... well pack and get ready to fly off to Winnipeg the following day.
This week will go by quickly.

No comments: