Monday, July 2, 2007

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

So the BBQ was cancelled due to crappy weather... anyways that is what the weather man said "100% chance of rain with periods of heavy rain"... we decided there's no point in having a BBQ. Because we cancelled it, it was sunny and warm. Oops. So some people were disappointed but it was a lot less stress for me. And as selfish as it sounds... right now I don't really care about pleasing other people.
My Canada day was pretty good :) My morning was quite laid back. Eric, Joe, Jerry, Darla and I managed to get up and get food at around noonish. Then we headed to the beach and here I discovered that I was absolutely horrible at throwing a frisbee. Back in high school I was able to throw around a frisbee and was actually pretty good at it. But yesterday! Woah I almost took out a few kids and instead of throwing straight was throwing more at a 90 degree angle. It was funny at first but after about half an hour the ego was starting to deflate. After what seemed like an hour I was so frustrated but I kept trying. Poor Eric was so tired from running in every possible direction that we couldn't keep playing. Oh well. My goal for this summer is to learn to throw a frisbee straight and then throw and catch (which I can do fine at) 5 times in a row.
After frisbee, we went to the market, grabbed things for dinner, walked back to kits beach, went home, had a nap then Jerry and Darla came over for a BBQ then we went and saw the fireworks from North Van. Nice simple Canada day with friends :) nothing gets better then that.
Today won't be as much fun. I'm currently working on getting some laundry done, then I'm going to have a nap and then study. I am so stoked because this week, Michelle is coming to Vancouver for a conference! I won't be able to see her much but Thursday I'll hang out with her and MAYBE Sunday if she has time. I sure miss hanging out with her! So I am really looking froward to her visit!

No comments: