Thursday, March 29, 2007

Vancouver in Bloom

The sun has been out for a good few days now and I can tell that it's lightened Vancouver's mood. This afternoon, Pam and I walked to Staples from our school and we sure enjoyed the beautiful weather. Vancouver is so beautiful in the sunshine! We walked past Burrard skytrain station and it was breathtaking. All of the trees were in bloom! It was a wonderful mish mash of cherry blossoms and other pretty white flowers. The green space was filled with business people having lunch and of all things, smiling. The people we walked past looked like they were in good spirits. This is really nice to see because the feeling hanging over our city has been a heavy one. Winter's over and we're all looking froward to brighter days.
As for me... exams are going well I guess. They won't tell us what we got on our A&P exam... possibly because everyone failed it. It sure wasn't an easy exam. Alot of people say it was the way the questions were worded... it was partially that, but it also was one of those exams where you really have to take the time. I think I burnt myself out studying for that exam... I havn't been able to study since then. I didn't study for my therapeutic exercises or for my manual skills finals. Right now I should be studying for my nutrition final... but I can prochrastinate a little longer.
I treated myself and went to get my hair cut today. There's something about getting my hair cut that always brightens my day. Possibly because Liam makes me look damn good. On my way home, I was thinking... I am really lucky to have a hair dresser like him where I don't really need to explain what I want, he just does it. He's got the knack for it. Anyways now I'm all pretty for Maui (not that I wasn't before... I just have a damn nice haircut :) ).
Well I best get studying for nutrition... the cat's here so she'll have to put up with my explaining to her how digestion of carbohydrates, lipids and proteins work. Among other things but our teacher stressed those points.

No comments: