Thursday, March 8, 2007

And poof it's gone...

For my grade 12 grad I got a beautiful opal ring from my Auntie Rose. Of course, today being the awesome day that it was (or not...) the dude upthere decided that I needed an other shit to fall on me, so while I was talking to my instructor, I looked at my hand only to notice that my ring was missing it's opal! Damn! I knew this might happen because opals are a soft rock and if you don't remove your rings while washing your hands or doing ANYTHING the rock will eventually fall out. Eventually was today :(
Anyways I am going to get it fixed when I am no longer a broke ass student... but I am gonna miss wearing it. Not only did it remind me of my auntie, but it was also the best for getting rid of guys at the bar. I go to bars or go out in general to have a good time, not to meet guys. So when there's a particular pesky bugger, I mention that I am engaged and I do the oh so typical glance at my hand. Most guys don't know that it's on the wrong hand... and most guys see something shiney and assume it's a diamond. And if he doesn't get it then, then I think I have permission to be an ass and tell him to fuck off... anyways all this to say I'll miss my ring.
Just writing about this cuz I don't want to write about how I am feeling and shit like that... plus I am sure you all can guess...

No comments: