Monday, March 26, 2007

Sometimes life shits on you, sometimes it shines

Wow what a beautiful day! Anyways that is what it looked like from the basement window. I spent all day studying like a good little girl. I am aiming for 90% in tomorrow's A&P final! You know how you always have these well thought out study plans.... I had one of those. But it ended up taking MUCH longer then planned. I am currently working on what I should have started at around noon. Needless to say, I think I am going to pull an all nighter (these are a big deal for me because I usually can't stay up past 10pm).
At about 7pm Pam called me and mentionned that the person she massages offered her two nights accomodation at the Westin in Maui. One thing led to another and we're now going to spend our last two nights at the Westin in Maui! When I found out I was so excited that I jumped up and down and squeeed and giggled like an idiot. I was brought back to reality when I looked down at my cat... she was looking at me with a look that said "I am not amused, you're an idiot, get out of my room." I need this vacation more then ever!
This is a really nice surprise because as much as I like the hostel we're staying at, it's not close to the beach. I was really disapointed when I found out that there would be no early morning swims this trip. What I really enjoyed during my last two stays in Maui was waking up at 6am, making it down at the beach by 6:30 and taking a swim before anyone even contemplated going to the beach. I know you are all thinking "waking up at 6am while on vaccation!! Are you CRAZY?!?!". Well no, I am a morning person, for some, they may think that makes me crazy. But there's also a 3 hour time difference, and that makes it 9am Vancouver time. Plus when you're up that early you can see many more turtles (cuz no tourists have scared them off) and the first time I was there, I got to see a mum and baby whale jumping around in the water. So really it makes it worth it. Plus there's nothing better then a swim before breakfast on a nice sunny day.
Ok well now I should get to studying... I strongly doubt I'll be able to get the image of Maui out of my mind but I'll have to find a way. I should have images of Red blood cells and the systemic circulation and all that good cardiovascular crap.

No comments: