Friday, January 2, 2009

Weightless

Today I start the marathon of final exams. In past terms it was more of a sprint because all of our finals were within a week. Now they are spread out and I find it kind of nice. Yesterday I managed to dedicate 5 hours of study time to craniosacral therapy and I got up at 4:30 this morning to finish up what I didn't have time to study. I feel prepared and that's a good feeling to go into my first two finals with. We have a total of 8 finals with Anatomy and Physiology (next week) and Systemic Pathology (in two weeks) being the only two exams that I really have to ace. Yeah I also have to ace the other ones but I kind of slacked on systemic path and A&P. Anyways it feels like I did... I don't actually know for sure.
This evening I am going to go swimming with Heidi, a class mate of mine. I've decided to swim more often. I really enjoy it and it makes me feel better. When I dive into the pool, as soon as my hands break the water, I can feel all of the stress and worry leaving me and staying at the surface of the water. It's a really neat feeling but it's something that I've felt for a long time. Mom keeps reminding me that when I was little, if I was grouchy or upset, they'd take me swimming and I'd come back much happier. Now I have a bit more time on my hands so I will be able to do the things that make me happy. It'll help me get through the next four and a half months :)

*Photo taken by Matt... who has an awesome underwater camera and brought it to the pool last week. I also hang upside down in the water, it feels quite nice. It's also how I am training myself to hold my breath for longer. Back in my synchro days (yes, I did synchronized swimming for quite a number of years) I was able to do two lengths of the pool without taking a breath... that's not the case anymore.

No comments: