Saturday, January 10, 2009

A good influence

That'd be Dawson... a friend I met a couple months back and who's also in school. He's been working ultra hard for a big exam that he's writing on Monday. Yesterday the plan was to meet for a quick dinner so that afterwards he could go study at UBC and I could go home and study. We ended up walking along the board walk to kits, had dinner at the Naam, then we walked to UBC (and stopped by Cupcakes to get some sugary goodness) and we studied until 1am together.
This evening I find myself sitting in Irvin Barber Center at UBC with Dawson, studying together. Sure he's studying how to configure computers and I am studying systemic pathologies but it's great to have someone who sits quietly and studies. It makes me want to do the same (except for now... I am blogging :P). It's been great! It's even had me studying until midnight or one (when the building closes). I wish he didn't live in Langley or where ever he lives... I also wish his exam were not this coming Monday but the one after so I could continue with this groove that I've gotten into... at least until I am finished my finals. Hopefully he's studying all day tomorrow too :) I like finding people with no life :) it's good to have the company.

No comments: