Friday, January 16, 2009

Tough Day

Finals are tough enough as it is. Today's OP* went particularly well considering yesterday night I did not study AT ALL. Instead I looked up really funny videos and laughed until my abdomen hurt. It was really nice to laugh a lot. I had already studied for the written portion of this exam and I feel quite confident with it so I figured I'd take a night off. I also have a huge exam tomorrow that I am conserving my brain function for. Systemic pathology is brutal!
Anyways I don't know how the OP went. I feel like it went quite well. I think it's quite amazing that I've become the therapist that I've become. Mind you I've worked hard for it. This afternoon the Dean came by to give us our level 600 schedule (yay last level!) and he seemed quite angry. He also seemed disappointed in us.
Disappointment is something I don't do so well with. I am really hard on myself as it is so if I do something wrong I will be disappointed in me and I will give me a hard time about it. I feel like I should be worried about me... about not disappointing myself and not about whether others are disappointed in me or not. I am fully capable of owning up to my own mistakes. So if I mess up during my boards, I want me to be disappointed. I want me to be responsible for those mistakes made. I don't want others to feel responsible.
Class is over. Time for me to go home and study pathology! Wish me luck!

*Oral Practical exam - it's where we get to show off our hands on skills, our communication skills with our clients. We basically have to think fast and put together a treatment plan along with remedial exercises and all the wonderful stuff your therapist would normally give you.

No comments: