Sunday, January 4, 2009

Assignments!

I have lots! I've also been ultra productive today. I wrote two out of three assignments and am currently working on the third one. This last one is a bit of a toughie... It's a medical legal report with 5 parts

  1. Write a letter to a clients Doctor to introduce yourself, explain why their client has seeked your care and to open lines of communication to ensure continued care for their client.
  2. Write a letter to previous clients Lawyer with a lump sum of how much it would cost for the clients continued care so that they can sue the clients fathers estate for that amount of money.
  3. Summarize the legal requirements for safe storage of files.
  4. What do we do if we've been subpoenaed to an other province?
  5. How do we present our files to a lawyer for an ICBC claim. This includes a cover letter, the files and an invoice.
I'm currently at step 3 and a lump I got a lump in my throat when writing the following: "If I am unable to take care of the records or die I must: Make sure that an other Registrant is able to take care of my files and dispose of them at the appropriate time."
I am not even a Registered Massage Therapist yet and I am already planning what to do with my clients files if I die! Damn! At least I can't say that I haven't thought about the future.

No comments: