Monday, January 19, 2009

Open my eyes, I see sky.

Actually down here, I see fog. But yesterday Dan and I went snowshoeing and we decided to tackle the Cypress peak. Brave of me to do being I had swam for 2 hours the day before with the oh so lovely Heidi. I had also walked all around in the city in high heels... but hey! I am on break so as long as I am happy, I don't care how my body feels.
Though I was slightly hung over and sore from the swim I had done the day before, I had an amazing time! It was a bit of a feat for my first snowshoe of the season but it was well worth it. Luckily Dan was ok with going ahead without me and I took my time :) It was breathtaking up top and it was so clear that you could see forever! The fog was way down below and it unveiled Vancouver for a short period of time. Because of the inversion, it was stinkin' hot up there! The smart snowshoers were in a t-shirt and shorts... the not so smart ones (me) were in long sleeves and long johns and snow pants. HOT!
So far my break has been thoroughly amazing! I've spent a lot of time walking, working, seeing clients and swimming. That seems to be the pattern for the rest of the two weeks. I have appointments (either seeing clients or being the client) each day this week. I am going to swim every other day. I am also going to go to work. I am still going to keep time for myself to play (and clean). Tentative plans for a overnight hike this weekend. I am one happy girl! Ready to tackle level 600! ... in two weeks :) For now I play.

*photos were taken when snowshoeing to Cypress peak.

No comments: