Sunday, June 8, 2008

Two pretty killer recipes

The first one is one that I dum dee dummed last night. It was amazing! I am definitely going to do it again!

Make a cream sauce with melting 1 tbs butter, adding and browning (? not too sure if
this is the term) 2 cloves chopped garlic adding 1/2 cup cream and 3/4 cup milk,
warming milk/cream until bubbly, adding 1/4 cup grated swiss cheese and 1/4 cup dry
parmesan.
In an other pan, while making the sauce, saute 3 cups of mushrooms with lots of
pepper and 2 tsp (or more) of dry chilli flakes.
While cooking the mushrooms and making the sauce, start cooking pasta (I used fresh
herb pasta from Granville... but I am sure any other kind would work fantastically)
and unthaw (or prepare) 1/2 cup or more of shrimp (do not warm them or else they'll
be over cooked, let the sauce, mushrooms and pasta warm the shrimp).
When pasta is cooked, add sauce, shrimp and mushrooms and mix together.
Garnish with fresh grated parmesan and enjoy :)
For breakfast this morning I made banana pancakes. I had never made banana pancakes before but we had some really yummy ones in Oahu so I figured I'd try to make some. Sure it was missing the banana mac nut sauce but I didn't have any mac nuts so I figured I'd try that later. Here's the recipe for the pancakes:

1/2 cup mashed banana (I used 1 cup, the pancakes were a little more fragile but they were yummy none the less)
1 egg

3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. In large bowl, combine banana and egg; beat at medium speed 2 minutes or until fluffy. Beat in milk, oil and vanilla. In large bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients. Slowly add to banana mixture, beating at low speed just until combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy. (For thinner pancakes, add additional milk.)

2. Spray griddle or large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until puffed on edges and bubbles begin to break on surface. Turn; cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Makes 8 pancakes (actually it made 4).

No comments: