Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A new obsession?

I can see how this new project may become a healthy obsession!
After 4 hour of job searching and resume sending, I decided to take a break and get started on researching things for the Grasshoppa grad cake. Grasshoppa is the name of the class that I was initially in... and the one I was going to grad with had I not taken a term off a while ago. They've asked me to make a cake for their graduation. Having only baked for small groups and... well normal sized cakes I figured this would be a fantastic opportunity to do something bigger. Now their grad is coming up so I've decided to do some research and start baking test cakes.
The girls are all really busy with school work and what not so they haven't really given me any clues as to what they'll want. This means that for now I have artistic and creative power over this little project. I want to make something delicious and unique. Maybe a triple layer cake with a white chocolate matcha layer, a lavender dark chocolate layer and a earl grey vanilla layer. They're all unique flavors... they are also very natural and earthy which is very much like the girls of the group.
My creative mind has taken off and I am totally stoked about this. I've designed what I want the cake to look like and I've found the recipes that I want to try out. Now it's just a matter of putting all of this together. This is definitely harder then anything I've done before (baking wise), however I am sure that I can do it. I will most likely be blogging about this as I go about it so everyone can see my progress (or not :P ).
This week I'll be looking around for the unique ingredients such as matcha powder, dried lavender and floral earl grey tea. I will also be trying one of the recipes and getting the girls to taste test it. This is too much fun! :)

No comments: