Friday, June 6, 2008

It's gonna be a productive day!

I can't believe it! Almost two weeks have gone by since I've come back from Hawaii... and what have I done? Well not much really and it's been fantastic!
Mark, the cute Scottish boy, got here on Tuesday and will be living here until... well until I kick him out or he starts work sometime in July (which ever comes first). Mark and I met in Hawaii and though he worked in Whistler all winter and will be working there during the summer time, he's got some down time and with that down time, he's travelled to Hawaii (yes, a vacation from a vacation... life's tough) and is now living in Vancouver, hoping to get a job that'll keep him out of mischief until July. It's been good having him here. The house is less lonely and he's great company. He's not too gung ho on the whole being a veggie shtick but he's adapting pretty well :) So far he's learnt that fiber is great, but too much is not and that protobello burgers (aka mushburgers) are a delicious alternative to hamburgers. We also made cinnamon buns last night which was a hoot to make... and great to eat. Kinda fun to be living with someone who loves to cook just about as much as I do. We've been eating well.
But the fun has got to end eventually and eventually is coming up pretty quick. Though I haven't started job searching quite yet, there are a few possibilities floating around... it's just a matter of sending out resumes. I'll be applying for Cirque Du Soleil today for sure! Hopefully it's not too late. As for the landscaping... I am not too sure what to do about that. It doesn't look like we'll get much of a summer this year and I hate being cold so maybe I'll hermit indoors. We'll see. So finding a job is definitely on the agenda.
But so is starting the fundraising effort for the 2008 Underwear Affair! So far I've raised 60 out of $1 000. Better get on that :) So far a facebook group has been created, e-mails to the team have been sent out and soon e-mails to family and friends will be sent out as well. This years team goal is $8 000 or more! I am sure we can make it! Donations for the cause can be made here!
While searching Fbook for the Vancouver event, I found an event that used our team photo as their main photo! It was strange... check out the event Underwear Affair town Edmonton by Sarah Subchuck. Bizzare! But cool :)
Anyways I better get going... washrooms don't clean themselves! Resumes aren't updated and sent out on good intentions either.

No comments: