Thursday, June 19, 2008

I can has job?

Actually I have a job :) Hooray for me! I am no longer an unemployed bum!
I went for the interview yesterday, got the job and started an hour later. Of course I worked today as well and it's been fantastic. The people who I am working with are great and the company seems to be great as well. I am working at Finlandia Pharmacy in the office, dealing mostly with Internet orders (not customer service though). It's a lot like my ADT job, however it's also completely different at the same time. I enjoy it very much.
The perks of the job are also great. We've got a gym that we can use, a infrared sauna and other things within the facilities (I am still learning about all of these machines and what they do... it all has to do with alternative/holistic health). I am looking forward to being able to go to the gym after work. My hours are relatively flexible and it's Monday through Friday (which means I get the weekends to play! YAY PLAY!).
The dress code is relatively relaxed which is great. However I've decided to be on the dressier side of things because I believe that many people have lost the interest in dressing professionally. This is just part of business to me and should come with every job. So I also like dressing up :) there's nothing wrong with that.
Anyways time to be reasonable and go to sleep. I need enough energy for tomorrow to make it through the day then come home and bake test cake 2. Tomorrow: Lavender dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate ganache and buttercream (maybe chocolate buttercream) icing. I can't wait!

No comments: