Monday, June 16, 2008

Here comes the sun doo doo doo doo

Could this be the beginning of summer? I sure hope so! Mind you if the weather is like this, I won't be all that interested in looking for a job! So far I've managed to discipline myself a little. I job search for a couple of hours in the morning and then go for walks or cook in the afternoon. It's fantastic.
I've found that I am much pickier looking for jobs now. Last time I was searching, I said that I didn't particularly care how much I was getting paid. I am sure I'd forgotten how crappy it was to work for $9 an hour. I am worth so much more then that! So this time around, I want to find something that I enjoy(ish) doing and that pays relatively well. Yeah, I know I was dead set on working with Landscaping/Gardening, however I am going to school for massage therapy, therefore if I can get something in the health care field that might be best. There's this new spa that's opening up in Surrey and I would love to work there. The only hitch... it's a two hour commute to get there (and two hours back). It might be worth it if I can kick start my career at this place... who knows once I am an RMT I might work there too (they have both body workers and RMTs). But in case that doesn't work, I've applied at a chiropractors office for reception work, as a live in nanny for a new born baby, as a pastry assistant and more reception work at various wellness centers.
I am pretty stoked about the first test cake for the Grasshoppa class. It turned out to be stunning! Now I am a bit nervous about the next flavors because I set the bar really high for myself. This is really exciting though, I keep surprising myself with my baking abilities. I even managed to make fondant (which is quite difficult to make... I didn't make the European/original fondant though cuz boiling sugar without a candy thermometer makes me quite nervous) and that turned out alright. It sure requires a lot of patience though so I might have to nap half way though making the grad cake (with all of the flavors and such). Oh... I also found out that this cake should be for about 130 people! I am not too sure how big that would make the cake so I am going to go to some places where they sell wedding cakes and I am going to scope it out.
Anyways all of this is quite fun :) The best part is... I don't particularly miss school. Maybe that's because I am reviewing (surprised? Yeah, me too) and I'm there once a week but it's kinda fun! Mum and Dad are home tonight and I think I am going to surprise them by meeting them at the airport. It'll be nice to have them home. Well time to finish tidying up!

1 comment:

Soul of Souza said...

I hope you make the cake for our class! I love your baking!!!