Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Christmas time!!!

Around Christmas time I try to focus some of my energy towards helping others. In the past couple of years I've volunteered to gift wrap for Canuck Place at Oakridge mall. That was fun... especially dealing with the procrastinators :) Money doesn't seem to be a problem with them and will throw any sum at you as long as you can wrap quickly and make it look good. It was also fun to joke around with the guys and ask them if they wanted me to make it look like they wrapped it themselves. It's definitely a fun environment to work in.
This year I've changed my focus. With my new found interest with addiction and substance abuse, I thought it would be kind of nice to do something for those who will be staying at OnSite during Christmas time. I suggested this to the coordinator at OnSite and she gave me the green light!
So here's what I am going to do! I am going to get a Christmas tree (a fresh one so it will smell nice) and some decorations and we're going to give them a beautiful Chirstmas tree! On Christmas eve day (or Christmas day... depending on whether I am going to Bellingham or not on the 25th) I am going to go delivery presents and fresh baked goods! Yeah, I think that would make for a pretty good Christmas.
So here's where I need your help!
For the gifts, I am collecting men and women's clothing that are new or used (but looks relatively new), tuques, scarves, gloves, mittens, books. If you do not have any clothing or books to give, you can also donate money. This money will be used to buy more tuques, scarves, gloves... etc. Also if people would like to come over on the 23rd after I am finished school (6pm) and bake along to some Christmas tunes... they're more then welcome to come and help! Oh! If someone has a tree stand that they want to give away... we'll take it!

If you want to help, leave a comment and I will contact you. You can also e-mail me at aussiejanelle@hotmail.com. With every one's help we can make quite a few people very happy this Christmas! I will keep blogging about this as I make progress.

*I've already received one donation! That's $20 towards the OnSite Christmas! Thank you :)

No comments: