Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Life goes on...

And so it does. Through all this life has managed to keep going. I've counted down the weeks until school starts and now I am counting down the days. With Justin having the week off, I had hoped to take part of the week off to spend some time with him before going back to school. My weekends will go back to being sunday and monday... he will have friday, saturday and sunday off... which means we only have sundays off together. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have clinic on saturday evenings. This would give me a bit more time to go to Bellingham if I can manage a day away from school stuff.
I had also hoped to take the other part of this week off so that I could review and get settled and ready for school. All of this was working out because I had trained a new girl at work and she was doing a darn good job. Until she quit. Damn! So this week, instead of having it off, I am working. I'll be training someone new tomorrow. I've told myself that instead of working a 40 hour week, I will go into work, do my job then go home and catch up on things that need to be done.
That reproductive chapter that I wanted to self study before I went back to school... well that didn't fly. Sure I took my Anatomy and Physiology book on a couple of bus trips to and from work but never actually managed to study much. I opened it on a couple of lunch breaks only to say "fuck it!" to the whole thing because I hate settling in to study for only half an hour of work. I gotta be sitting there for at LEAST an hour, preferable two for me to actually get anything done. I also haven't reviewed muscles like I would have liked. But at least I sorted my flash cards. I also haven't reviewed my neurological treatment notes. Tuesday is my first day of clinic. It's also my first shift at George Pearson... which is all neuro stuff. Neuro stuff also makes me VERY nervous. That whole outreach makes me nervous! Then again I was nervous for Aurora before I went for my first shift and then ended up loving it. Jason was supposed to be our supervisor but he is no longer working at UA. Which totally sucks! I loved having Jason as a teacher! Especially when we would salsa dance.
The Fontaine clan is over for a visit... and by the Fontaine clan, I don't mean all 30 something of the Fontaine family (Dad's side) but Grand Maman, Grand Papa, Auntie Nicole and Uncle Raymond. It was great to have Auntie Nicole and Uncle Raymond over. Even if this meant that Justin and I had to sleep on the futon. Justin got to meet the family and got along with them really well. It was great to see :) Nicole and Raymond left yesterday. Grand Maman and Grand Papa are here for two more weeks. This has kept me busy most evenings with tournaments of double solitaire. Justin even joined in and I learnt that he is quite the card shark. I still beat him twice last night :) tee hee. Justin left today but he also left me a lovely note on my bed for when I got home :) I am a lucky lady.
Today when I got home, there was a little box on the downstairs kitchen table. It was a litte white box with a card that read "The Fontaine Family". I looked at the box and in small writing was "Handle with Care" in even smaller writing was "www.untilwemeetagain.ca". Partially covered by the envelope that was propped up against the box was "Minette Fontaine". The tears that I had managed to hold back throughout the day squeezed past my shut eyelids. My sweetie. In a box. On the kitchen table. Funny. She was never allowed on the kitchen table before. The box is still there, unopened. The letter untouched. I don't have the heart to open it just now. I don't know whether we will bury her in her toys... that would mean that we would have to split up her ashes. I don't feel like that would be the right thing to do. Come to think of it, we should have gotten her favorite toys cremated as well. After all we did get her collar cremated (not the flea collar, she never liked it, plus it's plastic and would have made more pollution). I didn't want her collar because I didn't know what I would do with it. Sure I could hold it and cry but that isn't very useful. So I don't know what I am going to do with Minette anymore. I'll sleep on it. Maybe then I will think of something.
For now, I am off to play a game of cards with Grand Maman. Then it's early to bed. I need it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awe, babe! Minette found her way home. I know you will think of the right thing to do. Thinking of you.