Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Good Bye Minette


In a week from today Minette will have her last visit with the vet. So far she's been a real trooper and toughed this out for almost a year when the vet predicted 3 months. She's still trying her best but we can tell that she's getting exhausted. I love her so much that I want to be selfish and keep her around for ever, however I know that this wouldn't be in her best interest.
Because I have seen this coming, I haven't been a useless wreck like I thought I'd be. I get teary eyed every once in a while during the day when I think about not being greeted by her mews when I wake up/come home/enter a room/come out of the washroom/look at her/smile at her or think of her (yeah... she mews a lot). I am sure we could have her stick around for an other month or so, however that would mean that the discomfort that she is in now would be prolonged and I would have to deal with this while I am in school. So now is the time.
I think she's going to be buried in our backyard somewhere because I don't have the money to get her cremated. I want to find a way that in her death she can be respected and laid to rest at peace (and not in some veterinary garbage).
Oh man! What a rough way to start the day... well time to go cuddle Minette until she gets tired of cuddles (which is quite quickly :) she likes to cuddle on her own time. Not so much when I want to) and then head off to work.

No comments: