Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Minette, I love you.

That's it. It's done. Minette is gone. Forever.

We spoke to the vet and he said that things would get much worse and she wouldn't die in her sleep. He was a great vet and didn't say things that way I just don't feel like explaining. Minette is gone. I was glad I went with her. The entire time she did not fight (and she fought like a lion any other time we went to the vet). She looked at me with understanding eyes. We knew it was alright. It was her time to go. We had some time to talk as a family while they went and put the catheter in her leg. We hugged and cried and figures this was what was best for Minette. The vet came back, we pet Minette, said our goodbyes, I sang a little to her. When it was time for her to get the injection, she was on my lap, I looked the other way but held her close. Just like that, life left her. She lay on me limp, lifeless. Her little pink tongue stuck out. It was so cute. I pet her, talk to her and cuddled her for a little while longer. I always found it stupid that people spoke to dead things and here I was, with my little Minette on my lap, talking to her, reminiscing. I lay her on the cold metal table and covered her body with the towel. I was the last one to walk out and I made the mistake of looking back. There she lay, her tongue still sticking out, her eyes half open... she looked peaceful. No longer suffering.
Less then an hour later, I've booked an early ticket to Bham. Gonna see my sweetie. Surprise him maybe... unless he reads this before 7:40... in which case "Hi Sweetie. Surprise! I'll be at your place in a few minutes!" Well time to finish packing for the weekend.

Damn, that was one loved cat. She will be REALLY missed. But I love her and I know that this is what is best for her.

No comments: