Monday, September 10, 2007

WHOLY F%^&!!!

That was my reaction when plummeting down towards the ground on the wooden roller coaster yesterday at Playland. For fathers day, I gave Dad a day at Playland. Both of us really enjoy roller coasters and rides so this is something that we've enjoyed doing in the past. It wasn't until yesterday that Dad and I both had time to go. We got there bright and early (well 11am, that's before most people get there) and we almost ran to the wooden roller coaster.
It's really funny because Dad and I are like little kids when we're in adventure parks. When we were in Disneyland, we were the ones arm in arm skipping around the park like two little kids.
After spending no more then 10 minutes in the line up, we were sitting in the back cart and we were ready to start our day. I had actually forgotten how much this ride scared the living daylights out of me until we went over the first hump. Yep I'm the one that's screaming at the top of my lungs. Partially because I'm scared and partially because there aren't many time you get to yell until your throat is sore.
The rest of the day was great! Dad and I did the wooden coaster twice in a row then moved on to the corkscrew, the pirate ship, the music one that spins you around, the silver space shuttle one, I watched dad go on the hellevator (somehow I don't have the guts to go on the one) and then we did the log ride. We'd never gone on the crazy beach party, so we decided to give that one a try. We did and that was the ride that did us in. I was SO queasy after that I had trouble walking straight. After sitting for a while, we decided to give the tamer silver space shuttle ride a try. I guess once you get sick, there's no going back. The crazy beach party weakened Dad and I's stomach to the point where we couldn't even do the woosy rides. We ended up packing it in early but heck we had such a great time! Stupid beach party! I know I won't ever do that one again! We maybe I will, but at the end of the day, not in the middle of it.
Anyways I am really glad that Dad and I can do things like this together. It's so much fun to just hang out with Dad and do things that we both like to do. It's too bad we only really do it once a year.

No comments: