Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Adventures in Waxing: Cire Divine

Well it's definitely not divine that's for sure! I'd say this past adventure in waxing was more like a form of torture then any grooming ordeal I'd ever experienced.
I decided to try something new (this is where I first went wrong... if it aint broke, don't fix it!). I'd been using the cold wax strips and that seemed to work quite well for me (because shaving sucks). I'd stick the wax strips in my thermophore (fancy heating blanket) which would get them to the perfect temperature and they worked wonders! But you know, these get expensive... so I thought I'd try buying a pot of wax.
I read the instructions (all three pages of them) and proceeded to microwave my wax. I waited the three minutes, mixed, smoothed it onto my leg, waited 20 seconds and then tore it off. What I was left with was a patchy leg... 1/2 the hair was gone, the other 1/2 was still there. I figured it was my inexperience. I tried and tried again only to finish the pot with 1/2 my leg still as hairy as when I'd started. Then I had an idea!
I could melt the used wax and wax with that. It worked! Well remelting the wax did. After an hour and a bit of struggling with the wax, I gave up. I was getting grouchy because I was tired of getting bits and pieces of hairs pulled out (next time I am going to tweeze the hair on my legs). So now I've got 1/2 hairy legs and I know not to buy this stuff again.

No comments: