Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Professional Development Project

For professional development 400, we've got to do a project. I am still not too clear about what this project is supposed to look like but I think this is how they want it. It seems like they want to give us enough freedom with this that we can turn it into what we want, as long as we incorporate the PD400 components. I've chosen to use my blog as part of my project because I've already mentioned several events where the things we learn t in PD were useful.

Also I believe that the general public isn't too clear as to what massage therapists do and what their qualifications are. By blogging about my experiences it might give a bit of an insight into what we, as massage therapists (or massage therapists in training rater) experience and go through on our journey to becoming a health care professional.

The components for PD400 include:

  • The compassionate therapist, in practice and business.
  • Reviewing the therapist-guest relationship (including communications) through the lens of compassion.
  • Collaborative team-work.
  • Power and empowerment.
  • Self-care; compassion inward.
I will continue to blog about personal things as this is blog is like my life, a mixture of professionalism but still with a component of personal life. It's impossible to keep them both separate, certainly when it comes to professional development because some of the things that they teach us come in handy in our personal lives as well.

It hasn't been until recently that I've started to incorporate the two in my life. But then again, it hasn't been until recently where PD has been challenging me to open my mind and venture into thoughts and feelings that I never ventured in before (or maybe I wasn't ready to).

No comments: