Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cleansing all done :)

Except I am going to do part one now :) This means no booze or junk food and limiting wheat and dairy. I think I can swing that! Apparently this is a good weight loss program too. I am down to 147 (was at 154 when I started). This means I fit into the dress that I ordered online.
At the beginning of my cleanse it came in (had it ordered online, custome made... in China!) and I was pretty bummed because it fit... but I couldn't breathe. Ok so it didn't fit :P They had also gotten the colours confused (the ribbon was light purple and the dress was dark purple, not the other way around... which works great for winter but not for spring/summer which is when I'll be wearing the dress). It was also too long so it looked like I had nubby legs. HAWT! I think not. I just didn't feel sexy in it. Pleh! Anyways I set it aside during my cleanse (mostly because I didn't want to deal with the damn thing) and figured I should tackle it again when I wasn't frustrated with it.
A week later, I tried it on again and it fit! I could breathe... which was good! I then set out to buy shoes. Found some cheepies for $40 that match quite well. I then brought my dress to get it hemmed and to turn the neckline into a sweetheart neckline as opposed to the straight kind (makes me look a little less boxy up top... hooray broad shoulders). That cost me an extra $60. So in total I spent $200 on this outfit which is pretty good considering that the designer version of this dress was $400, with alterations it would have been an other $200 (I have a funny shape - teenie waist and big baby bearing hips... so I usually don't fit in a specific size) plus shoes... So in essence I've saved myself $440 bucks.
Anyways there will be photos soon. The wedding is next weekend! I am totally stoked for it. It's going to be absolutely beautiful. I can't wait! It's also going to be on the Sunshine Coast so it's going to be a welcome get away.

First blog entry about cleanse.

No comments: