Monday, April 27, 2009

Flip Flops

Have been my best investment yet. I've only ever owned two pairs* in all my life time and I've worn them until they turn to dust. The first pair I bought in Hawaii on my way to Australia 5 years ago (dear God! I can't believe it's been that long!). I pretty much backpacked (and hiked) Australia with those flip flops! They were great! I bought my last pair 3 years ago when I went to Hawaii with Paul. After wearing them all summer long the leather started to peel off the foam. The two summers that followed I crazy glued them back together. They looked pretty crappy but they were SO comfortable! While I was in Hawaii last year I looked for a new pair and didn't find anything that could be both casual and dressy(ish). Finally I've decided to throw them out (I haven't had the heart to throw out the pair that I backpacked around Australia with...)!
I'll have to go find some new flip flops because on June 18th I am heading back to Hawaii! I know, I know I said I wouldn't go back, at least not for the next little while but it's just so tempting! Last week, Maja and I were sitting on a patio, enjoying a beer when we decided that we must head back to Hawaii! Two days later we managed to convince Darla to join us and we had our tickets booked :) We have yet to convince Pam! We land on Oahu and then we'll either go to Maui or an other island. We have yet to decide.

*ok, three but one is my swimming flip flops and I don't wear those out. Those are only to keep the foot fungus on the pool deck and not between my toes.

Picture was taken last year in the back of Frank's truck when cruising around Oahu. And yes, we're going to meet up with Frank again! We're looking forward to it!! :)

2 comments:

Marlene said...

What brand of flip flops do you have? Rainbows are the only ones I wear. They last forever and are so comfy.

Unknown said...

I don't think I've heard of Rainbow flip flops. My first pair was from a corner store in Hawaii and my second were Roxy... I think.