Thursday, April 2, 2009

Speedos

They have a bad reputation. Over the past week or so I've come to appreciate Speedos. Before I was quite indifferent about them because I grew up with my Dad wearing a Speedo when we went to the beach or pool. When I was a teenager I found this embarrassing. My brother and I tried to do something about it by buying Dad a nice pair of cool board shorts (brand name and all... as if Dad would have cared :P ). He liked them. He even wore them to the beach. But wore his Speedo underneath and would remove his board shorts before he got in the water. Ah I love my Dad :) He's so awesome! I am kind of glad he didn't conform to what his kids wanted. I think it showed strength and just to be happy with who you are and what you have. Anyways I am a little off topic here...
Speedos! Yes. They are good. Especially at the aquatic centre under the Burrard bridge (where I have been swimming every other day). There are a lot of good looking men swimming laps in their Speedos and I appreciate that :) I also appreciate the not so good looking men in Speedos but in a different way. It means that they're comfortable with who they are and that in itself is something to be admired.
Sure it was a little bit of a shock when I was swimming behind a Speedo clad gentleman who was doing the beast stroke. Not wanting to run into him, I looked up in mid kick (legs spread) and saw some hairy balls. How this happened I do not know. I didn't think balls could hang out of Speedos like that. Then again I don't have balls so I wouldn't know. I also couldn't test this theory. So, what's the lesson here? Men, tuck in your boys when wearing a Speedo. Your fellow swimmer does not want to see your genitalia*.

*GenitaliA LOL plz don't show me your genitals... it's just a funny song.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janelle,

Thanks for the good laugh...

I have to say that I do remember your dad wearing the Speedo to any water event we had.

Did he even wear it for the family Water Balloon Fight many years ago?

Hope all is well,

Cousin Michel in Winnipeg

Janelle said...

Oh I am sure he did... He would also wear his underwear on his head when BBQing :) Remember that? :)