Friday, August 8, 2008

Try Honesty

After a long day at work, the boy came over to take it easy an watch a movie. Finally we didn't end up watching a movie but instead we spent the evening talking and getting to know each other a little more.
I've enjoyed the time that I've spent with this guy. He gives me butterflies and is on my mind when we are not together. However Eric has also been on my mind as well. Not as much as he had been before I met the boy but he's been there none the less. Feeling slightly guilty about these thoughts, I talked to the boy about it. He was great. He listened and was respectful of my feelings. Being everything is so new, we're just seeing where things go.
Today, while I was at work, I thought about our conversation. I appreciated the honesty and respect that we both brought to the conversation. I also thought about what I said... and how it really didn't make much sense at all. I enjoy spending time with this guy, he's a real sweetheart, he's easy on the eyes and a fantastic kisser. Yet I am hung up on a year old relationship. Though the signs from Eric have been a bit confusing at times, I think it's pretty straight forward (if I think of it in a non girly way)... if we were going to get back together again, we'd be spending more time together and we most likely would have gotten back together a while ago. Plus would I really want to be with him again or am I just hung up on the past and what was?
So many questions but the answer is particularly simple... why deny myself being happy and a potential great relationship? There is no sense in jumping into anything head first... just going to go with the flow and see where the flow takes me :)
For now the flow is taking me to bed! I am exhausted and have to work tomorrow and Sunday. It's funny how you get used to having someone to cuddle. Even though waking up next to someone was strange this morning (I forgot the boy was in the same bed I was and ended up whacking him upside the head when I woke up) I am not looking forward to going to bed alone tonight.

No comments: