Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pain for pretty things


Well the inking is done and now all that is left is the healing. That was a little bit tougher then anticipated but it was a great time to practice my breathing and silly faces. I think I may have worsened what ever wrinkles I already had but that's ok :) After looking through the photos that Dan took, I was quite impressed at the variety of facial expressions I presented.
Dan was totally awesome! He took great shots while I was getting tattooed and he was always there when I needed a hand to hold. It wasn't all that bad except for the beginning and the end (or maybe that's all I remember). When your tattoo artist, in my case Jesse Dicey from The Dutchman, says that most people tend to avoid the hip area and over the hip bone because it's quite "tender"... yeah he's right. While he was inking over my ASIS (top bony bit that sticks out at the front, top of your pelvis) I could feel the vibrations pass through my pelvis. I am sure everything that was inside my pelvis was properly shaken. Pain aside, it was a really neat feeling!
At some point during the tattoo, an other artist came in with a shoulder problem so I did a bit of an assessment and that kept me distracted for a good 10-15 minutes (or maybe less, my time perception was messed).
Now all that I have to be careful with is the healing. Because it's on a joint, there is quite a bit of movement which can disturb the healing process. So if you see me walking funny, it's because I am trying not to bend my right hip. I am looking forward to seeing this baby when it's all healed. Right now just cleaning it makes me nauseous. I usually have to lay down part ways through and last night I ended up going to bed sometime around 7pm cuz I was feeling too nauseous and exhausted. It felt great to sleep a lot though :)
Anyways time to go clean this puppy up then set off for work!

1 comment:

Donna said...

my spine was the worst part on my tattoo. It made my teeth vibrate in a way that the dentist can't possibly compare with. ow, ow, ow! :)