Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sweating sugar and luster dust

Luster dust... EVERYWHERE! It looked pretty in the setting sun.
I managed to tone down the purple with some leftover white... much better this way :) The fondant was almost a nightmare to work with because it was so stinking hot today! Luckily I have tons of patience (even after only 5 hours of sleep).
The green fondant with the stamp, the luster dust and after being toned down. Prettiness :)
Me, focused as hell placing the dragees one by one in swirly patterns around the cake. Because of the heat and because the kitchen was so damn hot today my hair curled, giving me the crazy baker look :)
My assistant doing a quick quality check before laying down next to me again. She was so good! She never touched the cake!

Ok quick clean up and bed time now! Tomorrow is one heck of a busy day! 9:30am pick up by Jerry to drop off the cake at Flux for 10, hair appointment at 11:30, makeup at 1, have to be at the hotel to get ready with the ladies by 3... and somewhere in between there I have to pick up lenses for my camera and the couple of things that go in the bottom of the cake display. Maybe I should take out my super hero cape tomorrow...

1 comment:

thelastkingofscotland said...

I have to say i, i am so impressed with your cake!
I knew you could bake, but that lady, thats like sugar art!

Have a great time!