Friday, August 1, 2008

The sugar invasion

Yesterday night was just about hitch free. I made the orange dulce simple syrup along with the lavender simple syrup and 4 batches of fondant. I found that my little hand held that could... couldn't combine the fondant so I had to do that by hand. Not a big deal though :) I love to get my hand "dirty"! The only thing that I am not overly impressed about is that the colour of the coloured fondant is too intense. I am hoping to have some fondant left over to reattempt my colouring of fondant. These colours could work and I am sure they'd look just fine but I envisioned pastel colours.
Mum made it through seeing her kitchen being turned upside down and covered in powdered sugar (4kg used so far). Lets just say I am glad that they'll be out of town while I am cooking. This way I can make a big mess and I won't feel guilty while doing it. It'll also save comments like "you might not want to use the mixer for that. The powder will get into the motor..."
*le sigh*
Oh and that sleep tincture... it is filled with AWESOME! I slept like a baby :) I fell asleep to the sound of falling rain and it was perfect.

No comments: