Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I'll be wrapped around your finger

Yes that is what I was after the Police concert! I was mesmerized by their music and amazed at the concert I'd just attended.
Initially I was slightly tired and had a headache (which I think is due to nervousness because that's what happened before the 42nd Street musical). I wasn't overly excited but hey, I figured it should be fun. Was I stupid?! I was going to the POLICE concert!
We got there in time to catch a bit of the opening band and it was pretty good. Then after a short break the police came out and played their first song, "Message in a bottle". Maja and I were standing up and yelling at the top of our lungs... the rest of GM place was doing the same, there was not ONE free seat in the house! I couldn't believe that they were THERE! I was just in awe that The Police were right there in front of me. I cried a tear (I wasn't the only one, the lady beside Maja was doing the same). I still can't believe that I saw that concert.
These guys are the definition of true musicians! They can go away for 23 years and them still come back and play to sell out crowds around the world. Their voices still pack a punch and their music still has thousands up on their feet singing and dancing along. It was awesome to see people of all ages there. Sure we got a few comments like "You probably weren't even born when these guys first came out"... which was true... and "when I last saw the police, I was about your age" (this was an older lady that told us this). Yet sitting next to us were two... maybe younger then us, guys who were enjoying the music as much as we were. Had we not been screaming at the top of our lungs and dancing in our seats, I am sure we would have talked to the two young bucks next to us... but quite frankly the cruise mode was taken off and we were in awe mode and couldn't get over the excitement at being at this once in a life time concert! It sure was something else.
The music was fantastic! We sang (well by sang, I mean yelled, it was SO loud in there that we were loud back) along to the majority of the songs and danced to even more of them. At the end, they came out for three encores and I was yelling and jumping like a grasshopper on speed. It was something else. It had me SO pumped that I spent 50$ on a concert shirt as we were coming out (this was along with the program that I'd bought as well)... but hey it's a once in a life time opportunity and I would have probably regretted it had I not done it. I can live on home made sandwiches for a little while longer.
By the time I got home, I was exhausted and I had no voice. The following day was pretty brutal as well (I was glad I didn't drink! It would have made it even more rough). My throat was so sore from all the yelling that I could hardly breathe without it hurting. Eventually after 2 or 3 days and several cafe vanilla frappuccinos my throat got better. Anyways it was all well worth it! It was awesome to go with Maja as well :) even a few days after the concert she's start singing random police songs in class. I would have done the same, but it would have started to rain so I spared everyone.
I'd do it all over again! It sure was something else... I still am in awe and this is almost a week later!

No comments: